Saturday, 7 February 2015

British Columbia

After Christmas and New Year's, I had some time before going back to work so I went to British Columbia for two weeks. Here's where I went and what I got up to:

Vancouver
Spent some time exploring downtown, hanging out with rarely-seen relatives (hi Brenda and Frank!) and doing some walking beside different bodies of water.


Granville Island
North Vancouver


Olympic Cauldron


Eagle and flocking birds



















Whistler
Spent one day cross-country skiing (classic skiing in the morning and I tried skate skiing for the first time in the afternoon) and the next day snow shoeing (in the rain). I really enjoyed it despite the numerous blisters I got on my feet (in different spots with each activity).





  
Tofino
Spent two days surfing in the mornings (took a lesson the first day and went out on my own the second day) and walking along beaches in the afternoons. I left Tofino tired and sore!


Long Beach
Long Beach


Long Beach
I'm standing up!


I'm the one who just fell off the
green board.






























Victoria
Walked around downtown and along the coast. Also had the best quesadilla's I've ever had.












I really enjoyed my time on the west coast. It was only two weeks but I felt like I got to some different places and did a lot of different things.

1 comment:

  1. I never tire of seeing your surfing pic. You look so awesome :)

    ReplyDelete