Wednesday, 9 October 2013

Hello Scotland

Well, I've made it to Scotland. Things moved pretty quickly in the past two weeks and this morning I arrived in Edinburgh, my new home for I'm not quite sure how long. I'm feeling a bit overwhelmed right now as the past few days have been rather hectic and I'm running on about 2 hours of plane sleep but I'm looking forward to the next couple weeks of getting settled.

I walked around some of downtown while waiting for my hotel room to be available and managed to get a local SIM card/cell phone number/phone plan and test out my Canadian bank card in a bank machine (I wasn't convinced it was going to work) within the span of about 15 minutes. Maybe Scotland me is more productive than Canada me... although I did also manage to lose my tourist map during that time so maybe it's a trade off of productiveness for general scatterbrain-ness. I also got a chance to meet (and probably forget... sorry!) most of my new coworkers and to try out my new electrical socket adapter kit (nothing/nobody's been fried or electrocuted yet so I'm taking that as a good sign).

I've found it a little weird that I can understand what people are saying - I'm so used to getting off a plane in a different country and not being able to speak the language. It's so much easier when you can talk to people!

Ok, better go figure out what train to catch to work tomorrow before I fall asleep.

Edinburgh

Edinburgh Castle

No comments:

Post a Comment