Sunday, 29 September 2013

The Lost Weeks

Ok, so I know it's not a great blogging start to leave 4 and a half weeks between posts but, honestly, there hasn't been much to say. I'm still in Toronto waiting for Scotland to get sorted out. The past 5 weeks has been an exercise in patience, which has been extremely frustrating for me because I'm not really a patient person.  Part of the reason I had decided to quit work to go travelling was so that I wouldn't know what I would be doing next and things wouldn't be so routine. As it turns out, I don't like not knowing what I'll be doing next or when I'll be doing it when I don't have any real control over anything. I also found it hard to go from being so excited to be going travelling to being back in an office with no timeline for getting out. But it was my decision to stick around and things are sort of progressing now so I've calmed down a bit. I've submitted my work visa application and am just waiting for it to be processed.

I did take a little impromptu camping trip up to Algonquin Park last week in order to ease my frustration and get some perspective (and probably save the sanity of those who have had to deal with me on a daily basis). I was only there for few days but got in a lot of hiking and some swimming and had a really nice time. The park was gorgeous with the leaves just started to change colour and there weren't too many people there.  I even timed the weather right and was all packed up and on my way by the time it started raining (hooray for not having to pack up a wet tent!).


Moon rising over Lake of Two Rivers
 


Hiking Trail
 

I might be taking another trip this week as it's a little uncertain whether there will be anything for me to do at work. I'm not entirely sure where I would go but I have a few places in mind (Tobemory, Alberta, Newfoundland). We'll see.

1 comment:

  1. Newfoundland?!? Cool.
    I like the moonrise. Is that going to be a new series (after your sun set series)?

    ReplyDelete