Tuesday, 27 May 2014

Fife Coastal Trail

I went for a walk on the Fife Coastal Trail last weekend. It runs along (or near-ish) the entire east coast of Fife (a region in Scotland), through little towns and villages, which makes it super easy to get to by train (just get off at any of the stations and walk as much as you want and then get the train home from whatever town you end up in). I had planned to do Kinghorn to Inverkeithing but ended up only making it to Dalgety Bay before deciding I'd had enough.


Rainy Edinburgh across the water (but sunny in Fife)


Harbour... at low tide.

The name "Coastal Path" is a bit misleading because it's not all on the coast, especially on the part that I did. It's near the coast but I'd say for about half of it, I couldn't even see the water. However, just as I was bitching about this (to myself, in my head), I actually looked around and it was really quite pretty anyway. Some of it wasn't but a lot of it was. Plus, I saw a seal.

Pretty wall

Seal!

I also think it's great that Fife is still called The Kingdom of Fife. It makes it sound so fancy.

No comments:

Post a Comment