A co-worker told me about Cramond Island, which is a small island just off Edinburgh that is accessible by foot for two hours either side of low tide. So, after carefully checking tide times, I decided to go check it out.
 |
| Cramond Island |
There's a paved walkway out to the island that runs beside big concrete pillars left over from the war (to prevent submarines passing between the island and the shore), but really, you could just walk on the sand if you wanted (unless you were cutting it close with the tide).
 |
| Cramond Island |
 |
| Submarine Defences |
The island was alright - there are some old buildings from World War II and some pretty wild flowers. I was pretty disappointed with the volume of smashed beer bottles. I get it - it's a great secluded place for parties, camping and all sorts of mischief, but it would be really nice if people cleaned up after themselves.
 |
| Cramond Island |
 |
| Cramond Island |
 |
| Bird! |
No comments:
Post a Comment