Monday, 30 June 2014

For real this time...

So Friday was my last day at work in Edinburgh and my last day for a while. I will now start the travelling that I was going to do last year (before I got distracted by Scotland). My last day at work was bittersweet. I'm excited to start travelling full time and I'm excited to go home for a bit and catch up with friends and family but I'm also sad to leave Scotland. I've really enjoyed my time here and I feel like I've gotten a lot of out the experience. I've also, strangely enough, enjoyed working here. The work was same old, same old but the people were fantastic and I will hopefully keep in touch with them for a long time.

Travel wise, my plans have changed a bit since last summer. Instead of heading to South America, I'm headed to Japan and Southeast Asia first. I've got a list of places I'd like to see in Vietnam and Laos (and Thailand if their whole military coup thing chills out) and there's a wildlife sanctuary that I'd like to volunteer at in Cambodia. I just have to start booking things. After Asia, I'd then like to go to South America but we'll see how things go. I'm not entirely sure how long of a leave I'll be taking from work (because I've decided to not quit and take an extended leave of absence instead... in hopes that when I come back, I can do more secondment experiences). I'd like to take until at least Christmas and then see how things are going.

But before all of that, I'm going home for about a month and am really looking forward to it. I've missed my family and friends way more than I thought I would (turns out, I do have a soul after all!) and am happy to be able to spend some time with them before taking off again.

So one last Scottish road trip (to Isle of Skye!) and then it's back to Canada.

1 comment:

  1. Yay for coming back to Canada! We're super excited to see you!

    ReplyDelete