Tuesday, 11 November 2014

Thailand - Bangkok Wats

There are a lot of wats in Bangkok. I went to some of them. Besides Wat Tai and Wat Mahabut (where I went for Loi Krathong), here are the wats I went to:

Wat Bowonniwet - it has some pretty roofs (which is apparently all I took pictures of here...)

Wat Bowonniwet

 
 
Wat Ratchanatda - I like this one because it was peaceful and I liked the Loha Prasat (one of the buildings - it was tiered like a cake and had an exhibit on Buddhism inside)
 
One of the buildings
Inside Loha Prasat
Loha Prasat
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

Wat Phra Kaew - this is inside the Royal Palace grounds and is crowded, sparkly and a bit ostentatious.
 
Wat Phra Kaew
Wat Phra Kaew
Wat Phra Kaew














Wat Phra Kaew
Wat Phra Kaew













Wat Pho - has a huge reclining Buddha, some pretty roofs and some odd stone statues.

Reclining Buddha
Reclining Buddha
Intricate roofs



Stone statue


Stone statues


Buddha
























Wat Arun - dull and grey looking when seen from a distance but quite intricately decorated up close. You can climb up it and get a bit of a view of the city.


Wat Arun from a distance
Intricate detail
More intricateness
Steep stairs
View

























Wat Traimet - houses the world's largest gold statue (a 3m tall Buddha)


Gold Buddha
I was actually really thirsty by this
point but thought it probably wouldn't
be proper to start chugging holy water.
Painting
Golden Buddha building













No comments:

Post a Comment