Wednesday, 17 December 2014

Paris

Because I didn't made it to Paris while I was working in Scotland, I figured it would make a good stopover on the way home from Nepal - it would break up the journey and the time change and ease me back into colder climates. Plus, it's Paris.
 
I think it lived up to what I was expecting. I did some walking around and visiting art museums. I got sick, which kind of sucked because I had little energy so probably didn't end up seeing as much as I could have, but on the other hand, getting sick was pretty unsurprising and highly overdue. On top of getting sick, I also got bit by some sort of insect near my eye, which swelled up. So I was perhaps not at my best in Paris... but, hey, I was still in Paris!
 
Here's what I managed to see/do in Paris:
  • Eiffel Tower (I didn't go up though)
  • Sacre-Coeur and Notre Dame churches (I figured after all the wats, shrines, temples and stupas I'd visited over the past few months, I might as well see a couple churches as well)
  • Arc de Triomphe
  • Musee d'Art Moderne de la Ville de Paris
  • Centre Georges Pompidou (another modern art museum)
  • Musee D'Orsay
  • Musee de Louvre


Eiffel Tower
Sacre-Coeur
Art at Centre Georges Pompidou














Notre Dame Cathedral
Trying to look at the Mona Lisa


One of the many nice ceilings at the
Louvre


Paris from the top of the Arc de
Triomphe


Paris from the top of the Arc de
Triomphe


Paris
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
I tried my best not to think about how expensive things were. I've found that my perspective of how much things should cost has changed over the last few months. It's a bit of a shocker to go from decent meals for $4-$6 to a place where a hot dog with a bottle of water costs you $12. I had to stop thinking about it and decide that 15€ was actually fine for a meal or else I never would have eaten.
 
Money and sicknesses aside, I'm glad I stopped in Paris. I really enjoyed just being in Paris.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment