Ok, so it’s been a while since I’ve posted but I have a good
excuse this time – I didn’t have internet access at home (and I’m still in the
“trying to make a good impression at work” phase so didn’t feel like posting
from the office). So this post and the two below are what I haven’t posted over the last couple of weeks
(I’m going to try and outsmart Blogger to put this in the proper order, but it
could all back fire).
Everyone I’ve come across here has been
incredibly friendly and welcoming and I’m told it’s even more so in Glasgow
(where I’m headed tomorrow). People say that Canadians are friendly but I don’t
think we have anything on the Scottish…. then again, maybe I just don’t notice
it in Canada. It’s also likely that people are super friendly in other
countries I’ve been to but because I don’t know the language they’re speaking,
I just don’t get the full impact.
I celebrated my first Guy Fawkes Day this week…
and by celebrate I mean I watched fireworks from my kitchen window while making
dinner (don’t judge, I had mild intentions of actually going out to watch the
fireworks but it was cold and damp and my apartment was warm and full of food).
For those who don’t know the story of Guy Fawkes, you should Google it because
I’ll probably tell it wrong (especially since in my head, I pronounce 'Guy' the French-Canadian way and think of his last name as 'Fox'). All I can say is that I doubt that people would
celebrate someone who tried to blow up a government building in current times but
I’m all for bonfires and fireworks.
hee hee
ReplyDeleteHave you encountered heated towel racks in Scotland yet? Those are very popular given the damp conditions :)
ReplyDeleteI have one in my apartment. They're great for drying socks!
Delete