Our first stop was near Hexham (Mom/Dad, please correct me if I'm wrong), where we stopped to see a random bit of Hadrian's Wall. I was the scout to go see if it actually was Hadrian's Wall while my parents waited in the car. Having no clue what Hadrian's Wall looked like, I took a picture of the piece of wall and took it back to the car. My parents also weren't sure if it was the wall so I googled it and found images that matched the photo so we decided it was in fact Hadrian's Wall (you know, just like how the Roman's would have identified it). We then went off to Corbridge to tour the remains of a Roman fort (it was an official British heritage site to which we had to pay admission, so we had no troubles identifying this one). And then it was off to the first set of relatives.
| Hadrian's Wall (probably) |
The next day we drove through the Peak District on the way to the second set of relatives. We stopped in Castleton to stretch our legs, get some food and visit a castle. I'd like to go back to Castleton at some point - there are lots of hill walking trails and beautiful scenery.
| Castleton |
| Scenery near Castleton |
It was nice to meet/re-meet my mom's relatives. After being told how much I resemble my dad when I visited his brother, it was amusing being told how much I resemble my mom. I guess I'm a good mix of both.
No comments:
Post a Comment