Sunday, 9 March 2014

I Heart Libraries! (Plus, the Water of Leith)

Libraries make me so happy! I know that I should get with the times and get an e-book reader thing but there's just something about libraries that makes me feel like a kid in a candy store. It's like walking into a bookstore and knowing that you can get whatever you want for free. I will be so sad when libraries cease to exist because everyone's got a Kindle/Kobo/whatever. Then again, I love to read. If you don't like reading, libraries are probably just useless buildings filled with a bunch of paper.
(This weekend, I finally got around to getting a library card.)

Before going to my happy place, I walked along the Water of Leith in Edinburgh (something I've been meaning to do since I got here). There's a path along the Water of Leith all the way from Balerno to Leith. I did about a third of the path - from near where I'm staying to Leith. It varied from being a dirt track between a fence and the river to being a fancy concrete path. There were some really picturesque parts of it, especially near the centre of town. I'm glad I got around to doing it.

Water of Leith
 

Water of Leith


1 comment:

  1. Isn't it so nice that you've been there so long that you can do all those things that would otherwise get shuffled to the back seat? If you had only gone to Edinburgh for a week think of all the places you'd miss out on!

    ReplyDelete