Saturday, 13 September 2014

Cambodia - Home stay and the Beach

One night we did a "home stay" at a village in rural Cambodia. It wasn't really what I was expecting. I was thinking more along the lines of staying with local families when in reality it was more like a summer camp. We stayed in similar buildings to the locals but they were specifically constructed for tourists and then we ate meals at a central pavilion. It was still good (walked to a waterfall and watched a traditional dance performance put on by the village kids) just not quite what I was thinking.

Waterfall



Huge snails
Homestay building













After the home stay, we went to the beach at Sihanoukville. It rained both days we were there - the first  day, not badly and it didn't really matter because I spent most of my time in the ocean or the hotel pool. The second day, it just chucked down with rain (hello rainy season) and I wasn't in the mood to get soaked so I just hung out with people in the hotel. Kind if nice to get a chill day in.

No comments:

Post a Comment