After finishing my Cambodia tour, I had 3 nights in Ho Chi Minh City to relax before my next tour started (20 days through Vietnam). It was nice to get a bit of a breather and stay in the same place for a few days. I completely unpacked my bag - something I don't normally do (the less I unpack, the less there is for me to forget to repack), but figured that my belongings deserved some airing out after over a month in a backpack. I didn't do too much - wandered around the city, sorted my Cambodia photos, updated this blog, and generally just regrouped. I do the big tourist things (tunnels, war remnants museum, Mekong delta) with my next tour.
It's hot and humid in Ho Chi Minh City so I spent a bit of time lounging in my hotel room, hiding from the heat. I also finally broke down and bought a pair of flowy elephant print pants (er... trousers for any UK folk). I had resisted them all through Cambodia but the heat wore through my defenses and I now join the ranks of the rest of the elephant print clad tourists. As much as I hate conforming, they are comfortable and much cooler than the capris I brought.
 |
| Rocking my new tourist pants |
No comments:
Post a Comment