Sunday, 19 October 2014

Laos - Luang Prabang

We only really had one full day in Luang Prabang (a UNESCO site) so I tried to make the most of it. I got up early to watch people giving alms to the monks, which was nice but also a bit ruined by all of the tourists (yes, I realize I'm one of them but I really hope I'm more discreet and respectful than some others).



Giving alms to the monks













After breakfast I went out to explore the city. I walked a big loop around the centre of town, stopping in at temples and other sites along the way. After lunch, I joined the rest of my tour group in visiting and swimming in the Tad Kuang Si waterfall. Then I rushed off to see the sunset from Wat Chom Si before having dinner and browsing the night market.

Wat Xieng Thong
Inside Wat Xieng Thong
Behind Wat Xieng Thong














Tad Kuang Si Waterfall
 
Sunset over the Mekong














I liked Luang Prabang. It seemed to be a really nice, relaxed town. The next day when we were headed to the Mekong to start our boat journey, I realized how big the town was. If I ever go back, it would be nice to rent a bike and explore the whole town.

No comments:

Post a Comment